Vacuum Aspiration Procedure
This procedure can be used around 4 to 12 weeks after the last menstrual period (early first trimester). It involves the use of a specially designed syringe to apply suction. vacuum aspiration involves the use of a thin tube (cannula) that is attached by tubing to a bottle and a pump, which provides a gentle vacuum. The cannula is passed into the uterus, the pump is turned on, and the tissue is gently removed from the uterus. Vacuum aspiration usually takes between 10 and 15 minutes. It can be done safely in a clinic or medical office. The tissue removed from the uterus during a vacuum aspiration procedure is examined to make sure that all of the tissue has been removed and the abortion is complete.
Vacuum aspiration is a minor surgical procedure. A normal recovery includes:
- Irregular bleeding or spotting for the first 2 weeks. During the first week, avoid tampons and use only pads.
- Cramps similar to menstrual cramps. These may be present for several hours and possibly for a few days, as the uterus shrinks back to its non pregnant size.
- Take your full course of prescribed antibiotics to prevent infection.
- Rest quietly for the day. You can do normal activities the following day, based on how you feel.
- Acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) or ibuprofen (such as Advil) can help relieve cramping pain. Be safe with medicines. Read and follow all instructions on the label.
- Do not have sexual intercourse for at least 1 week. Use birth control following the abortion. And use condoms to prevent infection. You can start certain birth control methods right after the procedure.
Induced abortions using abortion pills have been successfully used for abortion for the past 30 years, Get a legal abortion at the Abortions Clinic one of South Africa’s most professional Legal Abortions Clinics
Our clinic focuses on contraceptive means of family planning in Pretoria which most clinics would not be able to address. We provide counselling for patients with complicated medical and contraceptive needs. Our appointments are one-to-one consultation with a gynaecologist or a professional nurse which will help you decide on best contraception for you
The early signs of pregnancy can oftentimes be difficult to detect, partially because the symptoms vary by person and pregnancy.
That's why we provide free pregnancy testing, Dr. Dineo Womens Clinic sexual and reproductive healthcare services (Abortion, Womb Cleaning, Family Planning) are carried out by qualified doctors and nurses who make sure everything works out properly and everything is kept private, confidential to suit your needs.
THREE OPTIONS WHEN YOU ARE FACING UNWANTED PREGNANCY
You have three options when facing an unwanted pregnancy, you can continue with the pregnancy and place the child for adoption or in foster care or you can choose to have an abortion. It's important that you take the time to consider all of your options and discuss the issue with your partner, a friend or a family member (if you feel safe and comfortable doing so). Ultimately the decision of whether or not to continue with the pregnancy should be yours. .